Popular Posts

Monday, November 1, 2010

First day to office on my cycle - 02 November 2010

And as a follow up to my earlier post, I have come to office on cycle today.

Stats

Total Distance - 14.0 kms
Duration - 1 hr 5 mts (Only signal & water breaks)
Average speed - 12.8 km/h :(
Average pace - 4.40 min/km

Mistakes I did

1. Did not start early enough, Started at the usual time of 8.20 AM. It would have been much better if I had started @ 08.00 AM
2. Had to wear a jerkin fearing the mud on the road due to night rain. This was hot !. Should have worn a tee and taken a shirt along with
3. Took the meenambakkam subway thinking that it would save me some time/distance. Road was too bad. Should have stuck to palavanthangal subway route. It seems both are almost the same distance overall.

Good things I did

1. Did not try to reach fast, went easy and decent paced
2. Took water along with, although this made my back feel heavy, atleast I had water to drink on the way

Conclusions

1. Start early if coming by cycle
2. Fix water bottle holder on the cycle ASAP

Let us see how the evening commute goes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment